What do I need to bring to my first day at work?
- You need to provide proof of your identity and verify your employment eligibility.
Look on this list of acceptable documents used in completing the I-9 Form,
and bring either one document from Column "A", or one each from Columns "B" and "C".
- If you are going to set up Direct Deposit of your payroll, bring a "voided" check or
a deposit slip for each account in which you wish to deposit your paycheck.
What do I need to do to set up payroll?
On the first day of employment, see your Home Department Coordinator, and complete all forms
which you are given. Don't delay! You are not eligible for pay until University Payroll Services receives all required documents
from your Home Department Coordinator.
You may also sign up for Direct Deposit at this time.
When can I sign up for Electronic W-2s?
USC has contracted with an outside service, "W-2 eXpress", to provide you with electronic W-2s. See the Yearend Taxes FAQ for more detail. USC updates information with W-2 eXpress about three times a month, so you should be able to sign up 2 -3 weeks after you receive your first paycheck.
What other things do I need to do?
If you are in a benefits-eligible position, make sure you:
- Complete all required paperwork to be set up on Payroll.
- Attend a USC Orientation meeting.
- Learn about benefits, and employment policies and procedures.
- Enroll in employee benefits.
- Take your picture for your USC ID card.
- Get to know your co-workers and work environment.
- Take a campus tour and familiarize yourself with USC services.
- Enjoy your job!